“You can live your whole life with ‘what ifs’. They can make you crazy. Don’t you sooner or later have to start to relish the choices that you made?” See Girl Run
Charlie sure knows how to relish.
This is what last night looked like:
- Comfy pants
- Organic red wine
- Dark chocolate
- Charlie (my cat) and I on the couch…
- Watching We Bought a Zoo.
It was perfect.
I’ll admit, I chose the movie because Matt Damon was in it (he’s dreamy), but it ended up being so very sweet and even better, inspiring!
I picked up one very important life lesson from the flick:
“All you need is just 20 seconds of insane courage
and I promise you, amazing things will happen.”
What would life be like if you infused every single day with just 20 seconds of insane courage… 🙂
It’s a rainy spring Saturday in Toronto, perfect for staying home and taking care of some outstanding to dos.
It’s also perfect for making coconut protein bliss bites!
|MIA: one date… because I ate it. 🙂
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup flavoured protein powder (I used vanilla Sunwarrior, my fav)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (sulfite-free), reserve half
- 8-10 soft medjol dates, pits removed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tbsp nut butter (if your mixture is dry, you can use some nut butter to help bind everything)
Place all ingredients (but only half of the coconut) into a food processor and blend until small pebbles form. Roll into balls and roll balls in remaining coconut. Refrigerate. Makes approximately 10-15 bite-sized balls.
Perfectly delicious snack for the mid-afternoon munchies! Enjoy.
Happy Saturday of tumbling & stumbling!