I woke up this morning with a bit of a hangover from last night’s teary-ness. Rather than wallow, I decided to shift my energy! I decided to practice this joy business. 🙂
So, I got busy:
- I made the most delicious lemon and ginger elixir, and followed it up with a “Peep in My Step” juice (recipe below).
- I did my exercises and stretches.
- And enjoyed a few minutes of silence.
- I had a super healthy breakfast, and took every possible staircase I could to work.
- And now this, liquid joy:
|Americano from Mercatto, made by Alice. Joy.
It’s almost three hours later and I feel new. Brand new. It’s that simple. 🙂
OH, and yes, this:
Last night I stumbled upon Robin Sharma’s 62 Tips to Get Unstuck in 2013 and absolutely loved it.
Here are the top 25 that really resonated with me:
- Start your day with 20 minutes of exercise.
- Stop watching TV. (Bonus points: sell your tv and invest the cash in learning and self-education).
- Remember that your diet affects your moods so eat like an athlete.
- Spend an hour a day without stimulation (no phone+no FaceBook+no noise).
- Write in a journal every morning. And record gratitude every night.
- Do work that scares you (if you’re not uncomfortable often, you’re not growing very much).
- Smile more (and tell your face).
- Do a collage filled with images of your ideal life. Look at it once a day for focus and inspiration.
- Plan your week on a schedule (clarity is the DNA of mastery).
- Stop gossiping (average people love gossip; exceptional people adore ideas).
- Do a nature walk at least once a week. It’s renew you (you can’t inspire others if you’re depleted yourself).
- Do something that makes you feel uncomfortable at least once every 7 days.
- Remember that to double your income, triple your investment in learning, coaching and self-education.
- Achieve 5 little goals each day (“The Daily 5 Concept” I shared in “The Leader Who Had No Title” that has transformed the lives of so many). In 12 months this habit will produce 1850 little goals–which will amount to a massive transformation.
- Write handwritten thank you notes to your customers, teammates and family members.
- Use the first 90 minutes of your work day only on value-creating activities (versus checking email or surfing the Net).
- Keep your promises.
- Brain tattoo the fact that all work is a chance to change the world.
- Spend more time in art galleries. Art inspires, stimulates creativity and pushes boundaries.
- Read a book a week, invest in a course every month and attend a workshop every quarter.
- Remember that you empower what you complain about.
- Become the fittest person you know.
- Become the kindest person you know.
- Know your “Big 5″–the 5 goals you absolutely must achieve by December 31 to make this year your best yet.
Hope you can find something that inspires you this morning.
So much love,
P.S. My “Peep in My Step” juice involved apples, kale, celery, swiss chard, and lots of ginger. Yum!
Today is day four of my juice fest.
My amazing husband got me an amazing new juicer, replacing Old Faithful, without me even having to ask for it! I love him so.
But back to the juice…
For the past few days, I have been adding one big, huge green juice into my daily diet, usually right after my morning lemon water.
Now don’t get me wrong, I still follow it up with a coffee, sometimes even with eggnog (albeit it’s organic eggnog) and I’ve been proudly polishing off every last Christmas truffle I can find in the house (there are a lot!)…
The juice is simply my healthy treat for my cells. No drama. No cleanses. Just pure juice love.
|It tasted (and looked!) much better than this sad pic…
Here’s this morning’s juice:
- Handful of romaine.
- Handful of kale.
- Big handful of parsley.
- Half of a cucumber (peeled as it wasn’t organic).
- One apple.
- 1 inch piece of ginger.
- Lemon juice to squeeze on top when it’s all done.
To quote one of my favourite ladies, Ms. Kris Carr, “Make juice, not war.”
Everyone, please meet Old Faithful.
Old Faithful, please meet everyone.
Old Faithful is the juicer that has been in my family for… hmmm… 15-20 years. Old Faithful almost retired a few weeks ago, but after come coaxing, he’s back in full gear.
I have a special place in my heart for Old Faithful, and our relationship has been rekindled recently as I have become a green monster!!
Folks, I am obsessed with green juices. I crave them, I dream about them, I love, love, love them.
Seems crazy, yes? Probably… but my cells thrive on the quick jolt of pure happy, healthy enzymatic energy.
Some of my juices this week.
Here’s why juicing is super duper important:
- Almost instantly, juicing provides your body with a jolt of optimal fuel to nourish your cells and restore your immune system.
- This powerful fuel is made of of loads of vitamins, enzymes, minerals, protein, and oxygen.
- Green juices balance your pH and make your skin glow.
- Unlike eating veggies (also very important!), green juices are absorbed very quickly and easily by the body. Smoothies and full veggies takes more energy to digest.
For more details, check out the lovely and amazing Sammiches.
Here’s how to build a great green juice: remember the 3 to 1 rule (3 veggies to 1 fruit)
- Start with a base: either a few stalks of celery or half a cucumber (please peel if it’s not organic)- counts as 1 veggie
- Two large handfuls (or more) of greens: kale, spinach, swiss chard – counts as 2 veggies.
- Add one fruit: an apple, a pear, half of a peeled grapefruit.
- Feeling fancy: add some ginger, a squirt of lemon or lime, or some garlic.
- Want a super duper detox: add some parsley or cilantro, a beet or two, some cabbage or fennel.
Oh yes! And make sure to drink your green juices on an empty stomach. Drinking during eating slows down digestion.
That’s all for this lovely spring Saturday!
Happy tumbling & stumbling!