But I didn’t quit! No siree!
I can proudly say that with the exception of two days – one due to bad shoes and one due to ice pellets – I have walked an average of 11,000 steps each and every day.
And honestly, it’s one of the best decisions I have made in a long time.
In my two weeks of walking, I have:
- fallen back in love with my city
- had some of the best cups of coffee at cafes I never knew existed
- lost some winter insulation on my belly (note: this was not intended but better-fitting jeans are a nice perk)
- had some lovely walking dates to get green juices
- noticed how many people are glued to their phones – it’s a miracle there aren’t more accidents!
- developed some gnarly blisters – lesson: wear proper shoes
- realized the magic that is spring
- learned how to ditch work crap before getting home
- found two trucks and an octopus
- visited the zoo
- fallen madly in love with life
Walking is my exercise. It is my stress-relief and elixir. I cannot recommend it enough.
And after Monday’s incredible tragedy, I have taken each and every step with immense gratitude.