Today has been the most lovely of lovely Sundays.
I woke up early, refreshed.
I called my grandma in Poland. I love grandmas.
I drank coffee and read magazines, and lazily got ready for my day.
Hubby and I went errand-running, which I really, really enjoy.
We got everything done super duper quickly.
And then stunk in a round of golf practice at the Golf Dome.
I kept to my 2013 commitment to drive one way wherever we go (more on this one day soon).
Then I made soup, and the most glorious lunch for tomorrow, and read some more.
After I finish this, I’m heading upstairs to do some yoga (am hooked on www.yogaglo.com)
Then a light dinner, maybe a movie, a bath and an early night.
Joy, joy, and more joy.
Today I made a version of my mom’s Sweet Potato Carrot Soup. Yum, yum.
- Two big sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Four large carrots, diced (peeled if not organic).
- About 1 litre of stock or water (enough to cover the veggies).
- Big pinch of salt.
- 1 inch piece of ginger, crushed.
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder.
- 2-4 tbsp tahini.
- 1/2 can of coconut milk (optional, I just happened to have an open can in the fridge).
- Garnish: oranges and/ or cilantro.
Now, this soup really couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is:
- Dice up the veggies and throw them in a big pot.
- Cover them in water/ stock and add a pinch of salt.
- Bring everything to a boil then cover and simmer until the veggies are tender.
- When tender, toss in the garlic, curry, tahini and coconut milk, and any additional salt.
- Blend, blend, blend.
And really, you can completely ignore my measurements – just add things in until it tastes perfect to you.
Happy, healthy, soupy love.
Finally, I leave you with my favourite quote from the weekend:
|The Little Prince and a delicious almond mylk latte. Joy!|
Hope you’re having a joyous Sunday!