Here are 100 things I am grateful for this Thanksgiving 2012:
- My husband, and his relentless patience and acceptance of all that is me.
- My family. New family, old family. Here family, there family. Love.
- My friends!!
- Core. So many years, so many chapters. So many tears and giggles. So much love.
- My house. Despite the recent plumbing, electrical and deck issues, this place I call home is pretty rad.
- That I never really had to struggle. Even when we were dirt poor, my parents hid is well (most of the time). Now I have the world.
- The fact that most days I wake up healthy, as do the people I love.
- Croissants. I really have to eat more of them. 🙂
- My cat. She is kind of like her momma.
- This time of year. September through January is my absolutely favourite.
- The little bundle of joy that is currently in my bestie’s tummy, who will come in December and give me the best present ever: being an aunty!
- My bestie. You know you have a special bond with someone when you can spend every single weekday and many weekends with someone for 10 years straight and still love them dearly.
- “Thanks nature!”
- My polka dot pajama short-shorts.
- The ocean.
- Yoga, and its ability to completely shift my mood and remind me just how much I have to be grateful for.
- The fact that I can go to yoga and move all of my limbs in all sorts of directions.
- That life can change on a dime, in a split second, or a moment.
- Cozy fall sweaters.
- All of the friends I have all over the world.
- All of the trips I get to take all over the world!
- Books! Even smutty books like 50 Shades… 😉
- Movies, I loooooooove movies, especially romantic ones.
- Vegetables. I really, truly love them…. even brussel sprouts!
- Yogaglo. Genuis.
- Autoshare. Genuis.
- That there’s still so very much to learn.
- Mercatto, and getting to chat with Alice every morning as she makes my delicious Americano.
- “Go big or go home.”
- Wine. Lots and lots of wine.
- Bourbon. Who knew?!
- That when I wake up after a night of drinking too much wine and bourbon, I feel compelled to apologize for loving my friends too much. It could be worse and I should just relax. 🙂
- Sparkly tops.
- Forever 21! So long as I can fit into their crappy clothes, I will wear their crappy clothes… especially the sparkly tops.
- The fact that I get mistaken for a teenager at least once a week. I’ve stopped fighting it.
- Toronto. 20 years of living in this city and I still love it.
- Stumbling upon a Jill Scott album I hadn’t yet heard. Yippie.
- RONCESVALLES!! BEST neighbourhood in the city, by far.
- De La Mer and the lovely owner who always “accidentally” undercharges me. It’s our thing.
- Lit Espresso Bar.
- Lunch Box.
- Quotes likes this, “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” W. James
- The Quote Monster, my sister-in-law. She doesn’t even know how amazing she is or how much I love her.
- The fact that I get to call uber ridiculously talented people like ECB, PD, and so many others my friends.
- Alright, fine. The new sound system, when the AirPort thing doesn’t cut out.
- That I can drive and one day I will learn to drive standard. Who wants to teach me? 😉
- My job, and my cool new boss and awesome colleagues. I grumble often but it’s not lost on me just how lucky I am.
- The fact that I’m good at my job.
- Carole King. I am so digging Tapestry right now.
- Oh, and uber sexy Lana.
- CBC Radio 2. Every single day at work for the last umpteen years.
- That we are all special. That’s right, I said. I’m Gen Y after all; we got medals just for showing up.
- El Coco Loco!! Family-owned paradise…
- … and awesome brothers-in-law that do amazing things like Waves of Hope.
- Despite the fact that I’m an uber sensitive sap who can’t quite figure out her schedule (sorry!), I still have oodles of friends who love me dearly.
- Words like oodles.
- Being weird. Whatever, it’s awesome. 🙂
- My food processor…
- … and my mom’s gazpacho which I make in my food processor.
- Pinterest. So many pretty things.
- This country. Seriously folks, we are really, truly and very lucky.
- My other country, even though I neglect her so. Polska!
- Being a woman.
- Being a woman who lives in a country where I can work, vote, decide what I want to do with my body, and decide what I want to do with my life.
- My blue eyes and strong thighs. My curvy spine and dirty-dishwater coloured hair. The fact that I can do the splits and stand on my head.
- My tattoos.
- Savasana adjustments with lavender-scented lotion. Bless you, wonderful teachers!
- … oh, and kisses!
- The plethora of amazing restaurants in Toronto.
- Dinner Club. My boys. xo
- My yoga ladies. You inspire me so.
- Lululemon pants. How do you manage to stay dry-looking (though not at all dry) after a 90-minute sweat-dripping-from-places-I-didn’t-know-could-sweat class?
- The TTC. Most days I complain about you but I still love how quickly I can make it to work (and home!)
- Getting over my fear of flying. Yay me!
- My iPhone. Es beuno.
- When my adoring husband gets home first on garbage day and puts the bins away. Bam.
- Chhhh chhh chhhocolate!
- Those “healthy” cheesy puffs you can get at Mercantile. Yum yum.
- Hil’s rice crispie treats… YUM YUM!
- The new Adele 007 track. Dear god.
- Ms. Badu.
- Sunshine. Seriously.
- Having three Thanksgiving dinners to go to. Bring on the turkey.
- Cozy pants.
- From last year: That if we try hard enough, we can all find at least one thing to be grateful for, even if it’s the fact that we’re still breathing.
|Me, in Cali. Happy as a clam.