It’s Sunday, one of my favourite days of the week, and today has been absolutely perfect. The sun is shining, it’s a lovely 20c outside, and I’ve been busy puttering away on some of my most adored activities… like:
- Trips to markets to buy whole, real foods for the week.
- Enjoying cups of pumpkin chai tea from David’s Tea.
- Responding to emails from lovely friends.
- Making kale chips according to the lovely FineTunePilates.
- Cooking rice, beans and lentils, and roasting veggies for yummy lunches.
- Making almond butter chews!! The happy, healthy sweet tooth mission continues!
Almond Butter Chews (adapted from Shape Magazine)
- 1/4 c. chunky all-natural almond butter
- 3 Tbsp. organic brown rice syrup OR raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cocoa (optional)
- 1 tbsp. shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 c. puffed rice cereal
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs, chopped chocolate, chopped walnuts, or anything with a crunch (i used Enjoy Life’s Crunchy Flax cereal) – perfect!
Line a plate with parchment paper. Stir together almond butter, brown rice syrup/ honey, vanilla and cocoa powder. Microwave on high for 35-45 seconds. Stir; immediately add rice puffs, coconut and cacao nibs/ your crunchy bits. Stir until fully mixed.
Wet hands thoroughly and shape the mixture into golf ball-sized spheres. Press mixture together firmly. Place the balls onto plate and freeze for five minutes. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 7 balls.
Happy Sunday, loverlies!