Hello my snow angels!
The snow is falling beautifully outside. Typically, I would be heading home from a double hot yoga + pilates extravaganza right about now, but alas, I am at home a wee bit under the weather.
Nothing major, no need to worry. Just a tickle in the throat and a general, “everything hurts all at once, must lie down now” sort of thing.
In my 26 years of wisdom, I have to learn two things about being sick:
- When you get sick, you must, must, must let your body recharge because otherwise, it will get much worse (a few rounds of pneumonia will teach you that lesson).
- Getting sick means something is off kilter – usually it’s due to stress and too many toxins in the system.
- When you’re sick, garlic and oregano oil are your best friends, sugar and dairy are mean bullies.
So, based on those three pearls of Maya wisdom, here is my three-part plan for tomorrow:
- Rest. End of story.
- Detox, detox, detox. I’m a little too sick to write a lengthy post on what detoxing is, why it’s important…. so instead, for now, I’ll just point you to the experts: Ms. Kris Carr (LOVE her!)
- Gallons of oregano oil and loads of fresh garlic (poor, poor Matt).
Is it a little funny that I’m eagerly looking forward to this? Oh well. 🙂
Off to bed… I don’t feel so good. 😦
P.S. Regular cleansing apparently helps with cellulite!