Yes, yes, I know, it’s not quite October yet, but Friday just doesn’t seem like an appropriate day to start something new… and really, I’m far too impatient to wait until then!
I debated long and hard about what to set as the theme for this month – so many ideas! – but I finally decided to dedicate the third month of my happy, healthy year to what seems the most urgent to me right now: money. It’s not a very pretty or inspiring topic, but it’s a necessary one because when your finances are a mess, it’s hard to focus on anything else.
Now, I have to preface all of this by saying that one) I’m not complaining about the position I am in and two) I am in fact very grateful for all that life has afforded me. I make a comfortable living, own a beautiful house, and have sufficient income to enjoy life. But, as with every prior challenge, I just feel like I can do better. Recently, as life has thrown me a few expensive (but fun!) endeavors, I feel as those I’ve lost some control over my spending and it’s time to tighten the strap!
So here we go, a whole new month of challenges! In no particular order, here’s what I’m adding:
- Write down everything I am spending… everything!… to get a better understanding of where my money is going.
- Talk to a financial planner.
- Only bagged lunches for one… whole… month… jeepers!
- Mondays = no money Mondays! Not one cent can be spent on anything unless it’s a true emergency (how ever will I survive without my morning java?!)
- Read smart, financial books. I’m yawning already.
- Reuse, reduce, recycle.
- Give every single day… because I truly believe that in order to feel true abundance, you must be truly benevolent.
I have a feeling this month is going to be a bit of a struggle…. let’s wait and see, shall we?!
Thanks for stopping by… hope you’re having a great weekend! 🙂