Here’s what was so surprising about the week: I loved it! No part of me felt deprived, not one bit, not of anything. The experience was relaxing and yet extremely productive. Here’s all that I managed to accomplish whilst (I like this word) not watching TV:
- Read a magazine cover to cove.
- Read this book: Short History of Progress (Wright)
- And this book: Living Yoga (Turlington)
- And this book: Hot Yoga (Barnett)
- Took out my belly button ring, for good. It’s nice to see my belly button again. I wonder how long I’ll have two.
- Slept more.
- Slept better.
- Went to many, many yoga and pilates classes.
- Cuddled with Charlie.
- Took a nice, long, hot bubble bath to relax the aching yoga muscles.
- Dusted and wiped every baseboard.
- Got so bored, I meditated.
- Went to the public library, which might as well be heaven on earth.
- And then there was this:
AND it made those couple hours of TV so much more enjoyable than if I had just routinely plopped myself in front of the ‘tube yet again.
So what I did I learn about all of this almost media-free week? Simply, that the old adage, however cliche it may be, is true: everything in moderation. Moderation, at least when it comes to media it seems, equals a happy, healthy Maya.
Thanks for popping by!